Social Media and Digital Communications – Graduate Assistantship (GA) (8414682)
Social Media and digital communications – Graduate Assistant Position
Office of Marketing and Communications
WVU Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
This position is an opportunity for a self-directed, and motivated student to create compelling communications for social media, videos and websites for the Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources. The candidate is expected to produce professional work under the guidance of the director of marketing and communications. This position will develop, produce, and disseminate high-quality written and visual content promoting the success of Statler College students, faculty and alumni. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in storytelling strategies and adept at producing effective social and written content and have an understanding photography, videography, graphic design and html and css coding languages.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Meet with faculty, staff, and students to discuss goals and vision for written projects.
· Creates appropriate written and multimedia content to highlight success stories about the College’s students, faculty, and alumni.
· Assists with video and photography production for use on all digital and print platforms.
· Assists in development of print and digital pieces to support recruitment while following the WVU brand.
· Update the College’s website content using CleanSlate content management system.
· Support marketing needs for recruitment, enrollment, and development.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
· Experience in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, English, or a related field
· Strong writing and grammar skills
· Familiarity with Associated Press Style
· Motivated, organized, and self-directed
· Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro, After Effects, and Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Ability to work within a brand
· Ability to set and meet deadlines
· Familiarity in graphic design, videography, photography utilized for print or web
· Experience working with web (understands basic html coding) and social media platforms
· Ability to interact comfortably and professionally with a broad and diverse group of students, faculty, alumni, and administrators
Hours: 20 hours per week
Start Date: January 2023